This is an incredible opportunity to undertake a comprehensive three-day training in Prolonged Exposure (PE) therapy for PTSD by Dr. Elna Yadin in Singapore. The efficacy and effectiveness of PE were investigated in over 30 random control trials, and up to 80% of patients get a significant reduction in PTSD symptoms.
WORKSHOP PROGRAMME :
- Theoretical and empirical work underlying Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) and other CBT interventions.
- Overview of the “standard” 10-session protocol of PE.
- Treatment components: psychoeducation, in vivo and imaginal exposures.
- Describe, illustrate via videotape clips, role-play practice.
- Promoting emotional engagement and enhancing outcomes.
- Dealing with avoidance, under-engagement, and over-engagement.
- Addressing “sticky” emotions: anger; guilt; shame.
- Other important considerations: Who is not a candidate for PE; maintaining focus on the treatment of PTSD; minor adjustments for traumatic grief.
This workshop is suitable for mental health professionals including clinical and counseling psychologists, counselors, social workers, mental health nurses, and CBT practitioners.
TRAINER PROFILE :
Elna Yadin, Ph.D., is on the clinical faculty at the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania. She has extensive experience in the treatment of anxiety, PTSD, and obsessive-compulsive and related disorders. In addition, she has presented trainings in the treatment of those disorders, including Prolonged Exposure (PE) for PTSD in adults and youth. Dr. Yadin has participated in research studies disseminating treatment for PTSD in active duty and veteran personnel, civilian victims, and in children and adolescents.
DATE & TIME :
13-15 May (Mon - Wed) 2019 l 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
CANA The Catholic Centre, Level 3, 55 Waterloo Street, S(187954)
$1090 (early registration by 15 Feb Mar 2019); $1290 (normal rate) per pax.
Registration limited to 25 pax.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT: