WHAT is the YES initiative?
A platform for youths to be empowered through support and growth in their journey of living and leading purposeful lives.
YES Mission: Forming communities in which youths with mental health issues build resilience to live meaningful lives.
YES Vision: Empowering youths with mental health issues to reach their potential.
Through different activities, the YES Initiative aims to empower youths by providing a sense of purpose, ownership and self-efficacy.
WHY is this the YES initiative?
Titled "Your Empowered Self" (YES), each component holds a meaning:
Your — Sense of ownership to define what encompasses living and leading meaningful lives
Empowered — Participants are equipped with tools and skills needed to embark on the journey towards self-efficacy and self-actualisation
Self — Recognition and respect that each individual has unique needs and goals as a precursor to building relationships and living well in social communities
WHO will join the YES initiative?
Youths, aged 18 to 30, at risk of or suffering from mental illnesses.
HOW will the YES initiative help?
The YES initiative aims to:
- Provide early prevention, detection and intervention for youths with mental illnesses
- Foster community services as a support network for youths with mental illnesses
- Promote positive mental wellbeing and enabling youths with mental illnesses to thrive independently
The Year Ahead
Varying themes congruent to significant events occurring within that particular month helps build a deeper awareness of self with the community. Components of the YES Initiative are structured thematically to help facilitate awareness and relationships within the YES community.
WHAT can you do now?
- Spread the word about the YES Initiative!
- Join us as a #volunteer
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @theYESinitiative
- #Register for this programme!